Saturday, July 9, 2011

Celebration Cakes!

Last Sunday my family and I celebrated my mom's birthday and my cousin's high school graduation! In honor of both occasions, I wanted to bake their favorite cakes. 

My mom, like me, is a chocoholic.  So anything with dark chocolate is always a good choice.  I decided to get a little fancy and I baked her a fresh raspberry dark chocolate truffle cake! I filled it with a fresh raspberry filling and used the rest of the filling to make the chocolate frosting. The flavors were awesome and it was just right in terms of sweetness. 


My cousin loves tres leches so I didn't have to get that creative.  I made him a traditional tres leches cake with fresh whipped cream and decorated it with a gel pen! I think the next time I make it, I won't use the whole can of condensed milk and add more whole and evaporated milk.  Other than that, everyone loved it!



Xo,

Daniella :)

No comments:

Post a Comment