Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Birthday Boy

I feel like I've been celebrating Jeff's birthday all month.  Actually, I think we have.  This year, I wanted to do something a little different since Jeff was turning 25.  We spent time with our families and friends and for each occasion, I baked something a little different. 

Jeff's favorite drink at Starbucks is their chai latte.  I thought, why not make it into a cupcake! The spice blend of cardamom, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger made for a delicious cake base and even better frosting.


The next batch of cupcakes were for Jeff's family.  I made vanilla cupcakes with a vanilla bean cream cheese frosting and topped them with these cute little chocolate skulls.  I found this skull ice cube tray and added melted chocolate to create these mini treats.  Once they were set, I sprayed them with black food coloring to give them a tarnished look.  They turned out awesome!


I also made a banana cake for our house party but totally forgot to take a picture! I think this will do for now. 

Hope you had an amazing birthday month Jeff! You are such an old man now! Love you!

xo,

Daniella :)

1 comment: