Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Baby Shower Cake

I worked with my friend Angela back in my JCrew days and I absolutely loved her! I was even more excited to run into her recently and find out she was pregnant! I was so honored when she asked me to bake her baby shower cake.  She showed me some pictures of ideas she had in mind and I let my creativity take over.

I made a three layer multicolored lemon cake filled with a lemon curd mixed with meringue to cut the tartness. I frosted the cake with the rest of the meringue and torched it!  As the cake toppers, I made sugar cookie pops and added some fondant to create a smooth surface for my decorations.  I was so happy Angela and all of her wonderful friends loved it! Check out the pic below!


Thanks again Angela for the inspiration and congratulations to you and Jason!

xo,

Daniella :)

No comments:

Post a Comment