Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Did you say 6 layers?!

This year was my brother's 30th birthday and I thought I should make something really special.  For months, Danny has been talking about a Coconut Passion Fruit Cake.  He loved the idea of a sweet fluffy cake that had a tangy bite.  After much research, I found a recipe and modified it to his liking, minus the coconut sorbet  (sorry Danny).

I made this gigantic over the top cake that had 6, yes I said 6, layers of coconut cake with a delicious, creamy passion fruit filling.  I frosted the entire cake with vanilla meringue and coated it with toasted unsweetened coconut flakes.  I then made another batch of meringue and tried to make it look extra fancy by torching it (the best part).  Did I mention this was supposed to feed 7 people? Let's just say it was a mutual agreement that we should share with the rest of the building after barely eating half. Check out the pics below!



Here's to Danny and the start of a new decade! <3

xo,

Daniella :)

No comments:

Post a Comment