Monday, May 30, 2011

Strawberry Cake!

I baked this cake for my best friend's boyfriend on Saturday.  I originally promised him a strawberry cheesecake but I didn't have enough time to prep and bake it.  Instead, I went for a vanilla cake filled with a fresh strawberry filling and smothered in a fresh strawberry cream cheese buttercream.  It was probably one of the best cakes to date by far.  It was a perfect balance between a soft cake, sweet and sour filling and a creamy smooth frosting.  YUM! The only bad thing is that the frosting was sort of melting since my apartment gets so hot during the summer.  Melting frosting and all, everyone gobbled it up and that for me is my stamp of approval :)


Hope everyone is having an awesome Memorial Day weekend!

xo,

Daniella :)

No comments:

Post a Comment