Friday, May 27, 2011

Chicky Cake

Here is my latest cake and it's dedicated to my Little Chicky! I experimented with different techniques this time around to see how they all play together.  I think I'm becoming a little obsessed with my star tips and for good reason.  You can literally make anything with it and it always looks great.  In this case, I used it to decorate Chicky, the pink balloons (and the white balloon decoration) and the shells that border the cake.  I used a round tip for the white balloon, the white polka dots that are all over the cake and also to accent Chicky's dress and hat.  For her beak, I used a leaf tip since it makes a triangular shape (clever, clever).

In case you're wondering, I bake a basic vanilla cake and the frosting is out of a 5lb tub of Wilton icing ( I know, I'm cheating).  But hey, it works great for experimental purposes! Enjoy the pics!



xo,

Daniella :)

2 comments:

  1. The silliest and cutest cake ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can one possibly have the heart to eat that afterward?

    ReplyDelete