Saturday, January 28, 2012

Petite Puffs

My baker friend Rita inspired me to make cream puffs.  The base consists of flour, water (or milk), eggs and butter that is cooked on the stove top.  I watched a few tutorials and gave it my best shot! 

I was a little worried at first since the process can be very finicky.  You have to be sure you are following the steps exactly especially since you are cooking the dough first and then baking it. After the dough was cooked, I had a piping bag ready with a star tip to pipe these babies out.  The key is to work quickly with your warm dough.  It becomes nearly impossible to pipe them out once the dough begins to cool.  So if you're like me with barley any arm strength, remember to pipe like you've never piped before!

Once they were baked, I cut each one in half and filled them with a raspberry whipped creme.  Aren't they cute?! Check the pic below! :)


xo,

Daniella :)

No comments:

Post a Comment