Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Strawberries and Cream

It feels like forever since I last blogged! Well, actually it has been since I've been sick and traveled to San Francisco for my company holiday party (which was AMAZING!).  Now that the holidays are literally right around the corner, here is a non holiday related post to ease your mind from all of the madness!

My hair stylist in Chinatown asked me to bake her two cakes 2 weekends ago.  May is Malaysian and I know first hand that Asians aren't into things that are too sweet (at least the older generations).  Asian pastries are a lot more delicate in flavor and tend to consist of a spongy cake, a bun filled with a creamy center, or a really bizarre combination of dried pork and cream (trust me it's pretty awesome).  Knowing this, I wanted to take a safer route and not get too adventurous or make something that was overpowering.

I made a vanilla sponge cake with a whipped cream, cream cheese frosting filled and decorated with fresh strawberries.  It's kind of like a mock strawberry shortcake but better.  It turned out great and I was really please with the results.  It was also nice to know that May and her coworkers really enjoyed it too! Check out the pic below!


Thank you May for putting me up for the challenge! 

xo,

Daniella :)

No comments:

Post a Comment