Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pretty and Pink

I made this cake for Amanda's cousin Christina who was in town for her birthday!  Christina's mom wanted a full on chocolate cake and I was more than happy to make her something special for her daughter. She loves pink so I decided to keep everything very feminine and pretty.  

The cake is a basic chocolate buttermilk cake (my favorite).  I then poked lots of holes in both cakes with a toothpick and poured a rich milk chocolate ganache to keep the cake moist and decadent.  With the leftover ganache, I made a delicious chocolate frosting. I then made a separate batch of buttercream which I dyed pink and decorated the cake.  

I love how simple and delicate the cake looked in the end.  This definitely has to be one of my favorites.  Check out the pic below!


xo,

Daniella :)

No comments:

Post a Comment