Friday, October 14, 2011

Oatmeal Cream Pie

Childhood treats are totally unforgettable.  I remember getting out after school and getting a dollar worth of Little Debbie snacks.  That's when my fascination when baked goods really began.  I used to love those cakey chocolate cookies that had a chocolate filling.  I could eat 4 of those easily and now, not so much since there's something called calories.  I have to watch my figure :)

I made these oatmeal cream pie cookies for my coworker Adam since these were his favorite.  They turned out a little crispier but still had a chewy center.  I also added some cinnamon and made a vanilla bean marshmallow buttercream which made everything come together.  They were really a hit so I can officially say, "Little Debbie, eat your heart out!" Check out the pic below!

xo,

Daniella :)

1 comment: