Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Spongebob Cake!

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?! SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!

I made this cake for my good friends Michelle and Bill. Bill's brother wanted to surprise his girlfriend's daughter with a Spongebob cake for her birthday.  What an awesome idea! 

This is a vanilla bean cake filled with a vanilla whipped cream buttercream and iced with a vanilla frosting.  I will admit that I cheated and bought a Wilton black frosting tube for the outlines for 2 reasons.  One, black frosting is hard to make considering how much food coloring you have to use and two, the tube saved me sometime and a pastry bag!  I used some dark brown sugar for the sand and added some blue food coloring to some piping gel for the ocean effect.  Other than that, the cake was 99% home made!  Check out the pics below!


xo,

Daniella :)

2 comments: