Friday, September 7, 2012

Biscotti x 2

On my days off, I like making my own coffee instead of buying a latte from Starbucks.  Sorry but $4 for a mocha latte is a little steep (even though it's delicious).  One of the things I like with my coffee is something sweet and biscotti are the perfect side kick.

I was a little intimidated at first since these cookies are supposed to be baked twice hence the name biscotti.  Would they burn? Would they turn out rock hard and practically inedible?  I thought of everything until finally, I just went with it. I made a batch of Mocha Almond biscotti the first time and Cinnamon Raisin walnut biscotti the second time.  I am happy to report that both batches turned out PERFECT! They were crunchy and slightly chewy in the center and packed a huge punch of flavor.  I also cut them relatively small so they were the perfect portion and a good excuse to have two instead of one.  Check out the pic below!


xo,

Daniella :)

No comments:

Post a Comment